An interesting read from Denmark how to you can make innovation happen through strategic collaboration. The article analyzes how the Danish offshore wind energy sector could reduce cost through supply chain innovation.
The article describes in 6 easy steps how to create you own sourcing strategy.
The basic steps are:
- Enumerate the “things” you need to source (functions, services, resources, capabilities, etc.).
- Document your current sourcing model.
- Determine your desired sourcing model.
- Use the information gathered in steps 2 and 3 to visualize how well your current sourcing model matches your desired sourcing model.
- Determine what to do about the “deltas” that you discovered in step 4.
- Develop an execution plan for doing it.
Please click on the links for the full article.
Why use a formal strategic sourcing process?
The 7 steps to a strategic sourcing approach: