The article describes in 6 easy steps how to create you own sourcing strategy.
The basic steps are:
- Enumerate the “things” you need to source (functions, services, resources, capabilities, etc.).
- Document your current sourcing model.
- Determine your desired sourcing model.
- Use the information gathered in steps 2 and 3 to visualize how well your current sourcing model matches your desired sourcing model.
- Determine what to do about the “deltas” that you discovered in step 4.
- Develop an execution plan for doing it.
Please click on the links for the full article.